Published Legal Articles
Legal News from Ted Weckel, the Utah Family Trial Lawyer
I have five published articles in the Utah State Bar Journal.
- On Becoming a More Effective Private Guardian ad Litem
- Things I Have Learned About Representing a Client in a Family Law Case
- Regarding the Standards of Professionalism and Civility and the Use of Disparaging Language as a Tactical Decision During a Criminal Trial
- Helping Our Clients Tell the Truth: Rule of Professional Conducts 2.1 in Criminal Cases
- Helping Our Clients Tell the Truth, Part II: Revisiting Utah Rule Of Professional Conduct 2.1 in Conjunction with Rules 1.2 and 1.4, the ABA Standards for Criminal Justice, and State v. Holland
Ted was thorough and showed the utmost integrity.Linda N.
Hire him before your ex-spouse does.Wesley
Always kept our options open and communicated.Suzanne R.
Why Experience Matters
Having been a member of the bar since 1991, Ted has expertise in divorce, child custody, or alimony modification is needed to protect your rights and quality of life. Judges and opposing attorneys in Utah are more persuaded by a lawyer who exhibits knowledge of the law, preparation, and respect.
A Zealous Advocate
As a professional family law attorney in Salt Lake City, Ted is knowledgeable, collaborative and personable. He is a zealous advocate for his clients with a great deal of successful courtroom and mediation experience. We understand that expertise and integrity is key.
Practicing Law Since 1991
Hundreds of Successful Mediations or Verdicts
Prepares an In-Depth Strategy for Every Case
18 Published Appellate Opinions
6 Years Experience as a Judge Pro Tempore
Since 1993, our team at Ted Weckel, Attorney at Law has been helping clients throughout Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas resolve their family law problems. We can help you, too. To speak with our knowledgeable attorney, reach out to our firm and schedule a consultation. You can rely on us for well-informed advice and strong representation.